Wednesday, March 14, 2012

consolidation of students loan

Paying for college can be a real hassle especially when you graduated from your school almost a decade ago. Many graduates think that the six months they have before the required scheduled repayment of their various college debts is an eternity. The six months is nothing compared to the years of payments ahead of you. A consolidation of student loans can make the monthly much less painful.

I used to have three separate student loan bills. Two were for my undergraduate studies (which I have decided I actually couldn’t afford) and one was for graduate school (which I definitely could not afford). Paying all three bills in a timely manner was a real headache for me.

Part of the problem lies in the simple fact that I have trouble remembering to complete tasks that I really don’t want to complete. There must be some kind of subconscious thing going on here that I haven’t come to terms with as of yet. The best solution for me was to get a consolidation of student loans.

The process of finding a lender that will accommodate your needs is no problem at all. In fact, many of these lenders come to you. A consolidation of student loans has helped me keep track of my account much easier and it afforded me a few extra dollars each month. Actually, I save about 150 bucks each month through the consolidation.

This extra money is wonderful but I also like to put a little extra on the principal each month. This is a great way to knock down the principal quicker and avoid paying too much interest. I find that the smaller monthly payments I got through the consolidation of student loans helps me make an extra payment here and there. This makes a world of difference.

The other benefit of choosing a consolidation of student loans is the interest rate itself. Even though you are refinancing the debt you will still receive an excellent rate of interest no matter what your credit is like. This is a great benefit for anyone who wants a consolidation of student loans without the fear of hiking interest rates.

I chose to take this route about two years ago and I definitely made the right decision. I have smaller payments as well as the promise of paying off the entire debt in less time than I though I would. A consolidation of student loans is a great way to gain control of this monster of a debt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home